IE8 with explorercanvas (etc) enabling canvas

User 249192efae

02-01-2014 19:59:17

I tried to see if I could get Marvin4js working in IE8 using Google's explorercanvas script.

Unfortunately, marvin.Sketch.isSupported() still returns false. I tried to look into the method to see why, but as it just goes into the compiled GWT code, there's no way as a user to investigate. I'm thinking one of your developers with your precompiled GWT code ought to be able to see if it might work though.

Have you tried Marvin4JS with IE8 and explorercanvas? According to StatCounter, IE8 still has 6.8% of the market and currently has a bit more than any other particular IE version. For a public website, that's a lot of people who wouldn't be able to edit the structures!.

If it works well enough, can marvin.Sketch.isSupported be adjusted to return true if that is found?

There are other canvas in IE8 utilities, perhaps one of them works better with Marvin4js ?

Thanks!

ChemAxon 00ec07c969

09-01-2014 13:59:12

Dear Michael,

thank you for our suggestion. We are currently investigating the possibilities for IE8 support and we will get back to you later when we have the answers.

Best regards,

Dóra