Marvin4JS as the client using molconvert/AJAX as the server?

User 62a37f4796

19-11-2013 13:20:43

I'm already running molconvert/marvinbeans under AJAX and all I would need WebServices 2.0 for is access to molconvert. There is a stub reference in the documentation that you can use "other" services with Marvin4JS. Can I use an existing molconvert (Java) service so I don't have to install and maintain a separate instance of molconvert (JavaScript)?

ChemAxon e07e2a364b

21-11-2013 14:37:48

Generally JavaScript can't access your locally installed programs, this is why you need to install JChem Web Services, which expose the molconvert functionality through network services (REST services).

User 62a37f4796

02-12-2013 14:24:16

gguta wrote:

Generally JavaScript can't access your locally installed programs, this is why you need to install JChem Web Services, which expose the molconvert functionality through network services (REST services).

Maybe I'm missing something in this thread and the documentation.

I already have a fully licensed MarvinSketch environment which includes a client and a server-side installation. I already have molconvert running (using AJAX/REST), though currently exclusively targeting the Java-based MarvinSketch client.

I would like to use the same instance of molconvert to handle client-side Marvin4JS requests. I could not find any documentation whether this is possible, though there is mention of "other" services to support Marvin4JS. The information I could find suggests I have to additionally license the JChem server to support the Marvin4JS tool.

As a current customer trying to figure out a way forward with these tools, I don't find this prospect very appealing. Not just the cost of the additional licensing, but more importantly having to maintain two separate integrations for this product line.

Please advise.

ChemAxon e07e2a364b

04-12-2013 19:07:38

Sorry, I completely misunderstand: I assumed that you want to use our molconverter command line tool. What kind of REST/AJAX service are you running? Is it your development or we provided it in form of custom development? 

Generally, you have two options: download the REST webservices which we provid (included in the marvin4js license) or you can adapt your current one to the specification described in the documentation: https://marvin4js.chemaxon.com/marvin4js-latest/docs/dev/webservices.html

Please, let me know whether this info helps or not!