Marvin for JavaScript - Installing Webservices 2.0 & License

User 16d6255802

27-03-2013 14:59:38

I seem to have hit a wall with my attempt to install webservices 2.0 and would appreciate any and all help! My issue seems simple enough, yet I have been banging my head for a couple days now and can't seem to figure it out.

I require the Webservices 2.0 dependency because I need the ability to export to SMILE. I have succesfully managed to install Apache Tomcat 7 on my PC and deployed the .war file to the default location. (Only small change I required was changing the port # to 8081, since at 8080 it would not allow me to sign in to the manager app)

The final piece of the puzzle seems to be the license. When I go to: "http://localhost:8081/webservices2/jaxrs" I get the following message: "No valid license found. Contact administrator!"

Seems simple enough, yet no matter what I do, I cannot get the license to work. The instructions ask the following:

This little section has me beat! I've downloaded a trial license for Marvin (and I have access to my University's educational license). I have tried placing them in the home directory of my user account on my PC (aka C:/Users/Jamey) and I've tried placing them in the root folder of Apache Tomcat and no matter what I do, nothing works. Am I missing something here? Is there some other "user home" section of my Windows PC that I am not thinking about?

Honestly any and all help would be magical right now! Thanks!

ChemAxon 5433b8e56b

27-03-2013 15:49:49

Hi, I have moved your question to the appropriate Marvin for Javascript forum, my colleagues will answer for you soon.

Regards,
Istvan 

ChemAxon 13811e1703

27-03-2013 16:20:54

Hi Jamey!

For using the new web services you will need a valid JChem Web Services license.

For help on license installation please visit this page:
http://www.chemaxon.com/marvin/help/licensedoc/installToServer.html

Basically try to copy your license(s) to C:/Users/Jamey/licenses directory.

Regards,

Peter

User 16d6255802

27-03-2013 18:23:28

Hey Peter! Thanks for the reply.

I downloaded the "Platform IT" evaluation license (since I believe that is the license tied to Web Services) and placed it into C:/Users/Jamey/Chemaxon and still I get a white page with just the text: "No valid license found. Contact administrator!" (I restarted Tomcat just in case yet no dice).

Any ideas where I may be going wrong? I know it's a tad hard to help when you don't have access to my PC but have you encountered anything like this before and know of a fix or something I may have overlooked?

Thanks again! Any help is awesome.

Jamey

ChemAxon 13811e1703

28-03-2013 08:14:21

Hi Jamey!

Sorry, the path was wrong in my previous post,

try this:

C:/Users/Jamey/chemaxon/licenses/license.cxl

Peter

User 16d6255802

28-03-2013 14:57:41

Hey Peter!

Still nothing! Sigh! For some reason I'm still getting the same "No valid license found. Contact administrator!" message! I'm going to give it a try at home tonight, just to make sure this isn't a "Work PC" being weird situation.

Also what would change if I was doing this on an actual server? Considering testing this online to see if it would work there. No users online so where would licenses be placed?

Jamey

ChemAxon 13811e1703

28-03-2013 16:49:09

Hi Jamey!

It shoud be working with the Platform IT license, on the path: C:/Users/Jamey/chemaxon/licenses/license.cxl
What king of servlet container are you using? Tomcat, Jetty?

On a server environment the license must be in the user's home, who is running the application server.
Windows and Linux configuration is different, as described here:
http://www.chemaxon.com/marvin/help/licensedoc/installToServer.html

Peter

User 16d6255802

28-03-2013 18:29:40

Hey Peter,

I'm using Tomcat. Never used either option up until this week (I do web programming so I usually work in PHP on WAMP). Ther servlet container seems to be working fine. I can access the manager app and any folder/files I have in the webapps folder can be accessed via localhost:8080, etc...

It's just the actual license that does not seem to want to validate/work for me. I've placed it exactly as stated. I even tried plaing it in the other 4 "user homes" just in case (aka Administrator, Default, etc...) but still no dice. I've checked write permissions, ensured wasn't read only, and confirmed that the license I am using is the Platform IT license. I am out of ideas. Going to try it on a non-University PC (at home) to see if I can get it running there. Fingers crossed. If you think of anything else, do not hesitate to say. I will try anything. :)

Jamey

ChemAxon e07e2a364b

29-03-2013 08:44:47

Hi Jamey,

please, try to set the system environment variable CHEMAXON_LICENSE_URL  to your license file.

You may try to open the license file with the chemaxon license manager (included in Marvin or in JChem). This tool displays the license details, so you can ensure the file is not corrupt and then you can use the install option of the tool.

Gabor

User 16d6255802

10-04-2013 17:34:04

Hi Gabor and Peter,

Took a week off from this project for the sake of my sanity but I am back with a vengenace.

Gabor, could you explain your message? I am not 100% sure what a system environment variable is and how I would set it. Also, you say Marvin includes a license manager, where would I find it? On the applet itself after I load it into a webpage?

Thanks all!

Jamey

ChemAxon 13811e1703

11-04-2013 07:27:27

Hi Jamey!

You can download the Marvin desktop application from here:
http://www.chemaxon.com/download/marvin/for-end-users/

It contains the license manager app and you can check the installed license with it (License overview section)

Also on a Windows system please try the following command in a console window:

echo %HOMEDRIVE%%HOMEPATH%

(on Linux:
echo ~
or if the Tomcat is ran by tomcat7 user, it is:
echo ~tomcat7
)

It will display your home directory, and check if the license is on the correct path.

Regards,
Peter

User 16d6255802

11-04-2013 13:15:17

Thanks Peter!

So I installed the Marvin Desktop application and installed the license through the help/licenses/install license file section. It does place a copy of the file at Users/jlaroch2/chemaxon, but I still get the same error message when I go to http://localhost:8080/webservices2/jaxrs -> No valid license found. Contact administrator!

I did what you asked in the console window and I got Users/jlaroch2 as the home directory.

Just spitballin' here but can it have anything to do with the fact that in the license file it says:
<Restriction Name="Server Use" Value="Not Allowed"/>? Could that stop the virtual web server from accepting the license?

Jamey

ChemAxon e07e2a364b

12-04-2013 12:24:04

Hi Jamey,

Your tomcat may run under a special local user. Please, try C:\Users\Default User as home directory. If it not works, please send me a bit more info on how you installed your tomcat server.

I hope this helps :)

User 06f46bf209

28-08-2013 11:55:17

It shoud be working with the Platform IT license, on the path: C:/Users/Jamey/chemaxon/licenses/license.cxl

User 06f46bf209

28-08-2013 12:04:36

____________________________________________________________________________________

Reporting
in excel

07-09-2013 12:24:53

nice thread. thanks for sharing the information.