IJC 6.3 release cycle

ChemAxon e189db4705

02-12-2013 10:23:29

Instant JChem 6.3 is going to be again main feature release after our previous two shorter releases 6.1 and 6.2. The prioritization for 6.3 actually started in September (originally thought as prioritization for 6.2). We took the priorities from you and started to work on them in 6.3 release cycle. Rough plan is to work on a new features by end of January and then do stabilization during February (to finish everything before commit deadline in the beginning of March 2014).

One more important thing I also already discussed with all of view: we (as an Instant JChem team) would like to work in continuous delivery model from now. This basically means that new features are developed in so called branches in our version control system. When the feature is ready it goes to next major release. And if it's independent and stable it can be also ported back even to patch releases. This is something what we were not doing in the past, but we'd like to try this approach. Now it for example means that if some of 6.3 features are stabilized during December, it can possibly go even to one of 6.2.x patch releases. This will be decided case by case depending on complexity and importance of the features.

ChemAxon e189db4705

02-12-2013 10:26:27

There is a general interest in organizing a call where we can discuss what is in current 6.3 plans. The same call which we did in the beginning of 5.12 and 6.0 release cycles. Could you please vote what time slot is suitable for you later this week?

Time voting form is available here.

Once all companies fill this I'll send go-to-meeting details for most suitable time slot.

Please see attached preliminary plan for 6.3 release. It is based on your priorities we did two months ago. The yellow cells shows (tasks from top of the list) which features we would like to work on now. This can change during the development phase, because sometimes the priorities from are changing or we realize that features are more complex than expected.

ChemAxon e189db4705

03-12-2013 16:59:22

Thank you all for voting about time for the call. I've just closed the poll as we found time which works for everybody. The call will be:

next Tuesday December/10th, 4-5pm CET, 10-11am EST

1.  Please join my meeting, Tuesday, December 10, 2013 at 16:00 Central Europe Standard Time.

https://www3.gotomeeting.com/join/724191262

2.  Use your microphone and speakers (VoIP) - a headset is recommended.  Or, call in using your telephone.

Meeting ID: 724-191-262

ChemAxon e189db4705

10-12-2013 14:34:34

Just update of backlog with current state of IJC 6.3 development - before our call in 25 minutes from now.