represent two different r groups on one place

User cf4264f752

27-02-2012 09:53:15

Hi everyone!

I have this Hydroxymethoxyclobenzorex.mol file generated with symyx draw that shows that two different r-groups can be present on these positions - Symyx variant with R1R2.PNG   

But wiht JChem I get the following Hydroxymethoxyclobensorex.svg where only R2 is shown

So, my question is - how to get the desired representation?

ChemAxon a202a732bf

28-02-2012 09:34:16

Hi Alena,

In our representation only one R-group can be present at a position but the R-group can contain several structures. I have attached the picture and mol file that is generated by Marvin Sketch and is identical with your molecule.

If there would be a position where only one of the structures could be present  then two  R-groups should be defined: one containing both structures and one containing only the one which can be present at the given position (example is attached).

Best regards,

Zsuzsa

User cf4264f752

29-02-2012 12:46:29

zszabo wrote:

Hi Alena,

In our representation only one R-group can be present at a position but the R-group can contain several structures. I have attached the picture and mol file that is generated by Marvin Sketch and is identical with your molecule.

If there would be a position where only one of the structures could be present  then two  R-groups should be defined: one containing both structures and one containing only the one which can be present at the given position (example is attached).

Best regards,

Zsuzsa

Thanks, Zsuzsa!