Resizing an individual molecule

User 98ff028321

17-02-2012 06:38:10

I am currently using MarvinSketch 5.8.1 on ArchLinux (3.2.5-1-Arch).

I have been unable to find any sort of tool that allows me to resize an individual molecule within a desk containing multiple molecules (i.e. resize one molecule to be bigger/smaller than the others).

Am I simply missing something, or is this not supported?

Thank You!

ChemAxon 25dcd765a3

17-02-2012 13:11:46

I don't think it is possible.

As far as I understand the problem it would result different bond length. For example in one structure the length of the C-C single bond would be different than that of the other. 

Is that what you would like to do?

User 6c78ea658a

24-10-2012 20:13:11

I am also interesting in this feature. Actually, it very important, at least for me. I don't know how code is orginized, but it should straight forward to do this in OO language. If each object on the scrren (molecule, arrow etc) has attribute scale, then you can change that attribute only for object of interest. Overall scale can be understanding as multiplication of individual and overall scale factors.

Anothe thing.\

As you probably know, only formats can be accepted as an reaction cheme: ps and tif. Sometimes they accept original files, such as ChemOffice. You have support for *.png, *.jpg and *.bmp files, but for scientific publication they completely useless. Now, i need maually convert them to tif using Gimp.In spite of these minor problems, i like marvinskatch. Thank you.

Pavlo.

ChemAxon f052bdfe3c

26-10-2012 09:26:54

Thank you for your feedback. We understand: these are very important features. And I think it will make Marvin Sketch more usable.  Both of the feature is planned in the future, however the scaling needs a major rewriting/refactoring of the code.

Best Regards,

Efi Hoffmann