Updating molecule causes hang when saving

User 956e0ca334

18-02-2014 17:10:18

Hi there,

We just implimented Marvin Sketch Applet 6.2 on our chemical data production site.  We run our site in Tomcat- with a great deal of memory assigned to it. We update the Chemaxon structure table within our website so we can perform other operations before and after the save. 

This has been working well, but when a user has tried to enter a particular diagram drawn in Marvin sketch we find that on  UpdateHandler.execute(true), it hangs using more and more memory from tomcat until the entire site is brought down! 

We get the following message in the log:

Accepted unusual valence(s): O(3); O(6); Metal was disconnected

As you can understand this is an urgent issue.  Below is the code I am using for the updating the structure and I have attached the marvin file of the problem compound.

ConnectionHandler conh = new ConnectionHandler(connection, ConnectionHandler.DEFAULT_PROPERTY_TABLE);
        PreparedStatement tStatement = null;
        UpdateHandler uh = null;

try {

connection.setAutoCommit(false); //transaction block start
            String structureTableName = "PROD.CHEMAXON_STRUCTURES";
            uh = new UpdateHandler(conh, UpdateHandler.UPDATE, structureTableName, "INCHI, INCHI_KEY");            
            uh.setStructure(dto.getCdStructure());
         Long tempId = dto.getCdId();
            uh.setID(tempId.intValue());

uh.setDuplicateFiltering(UpdateHandler.DUPLICATE_FILTERING_OFF);

cd_id = uh.execute(true);

Many thanks

Megan

ChemAxon 2bdd02d1e5

19-02-2014 09:40:18

Hi Megan,

I don't know what is going on there. I can't import the molecule in InstantJChem. I can open it in MarvinSketch, but when hitting "Add" button the following stacktrace occur:

java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space
at java.util.Arrays.copyOf(Arrays.java:2734)
at java.util.ArrayList.ensureCapacity(ArrayList.java:167)
at java.util.ArrayList.add(ArrayList.java:351)
at chemaxon.core.calculations.stereo.AXCTStereoDetection.findActiveAtomPairs(AXCTStereoDetection.java:669)
at chemaxon.core.calculations.stereo.AXCTStereoDetection.findActiveAtomPairs(AXCTStereoDetection.java:674)
at chemaxon.core.calculations.stereo.AXCTStereoDetection.findActiveAtomPairs(AXCTStereoDetection.java:674)

Any ideas my dear colleagues?

I'm moving this to appropriate forum.

Thanks a lot for reporting this.

Filip

ChemAxon d26931946c

19-02-2014 10:06:00

Hi Megan,

We've managed to reproduce the issue. Unfortunately it looks like there is no workaround for it.

We will fix it as soon as possible.

Thank you for the report.

Regards,

Peter

ChemAxon d26931946c

20-02-2014 12:59:27

Hi Megan,

We've managed to fix the bug, it will be released in the next patch release, 6.2.1.

Regards,

Peter

User 956e0ca334

20-02-2014 15:21:18

That is great- when can we get the patch?  We are quite anxious to get a hold of it!

Thanks

Megan

User 956e0ca334

26-02-2014 08:11:49

Hi there,

I was wondering when the patch for 6.2.1 will be available?  This is creating some major issues for us as it is bringing down our tomcat server!

Thanks very much

Megan

ChemAxon a202a732bf

26-02-2014 10:46:57

Hi Megan,

I did let know our release coordinator that the 6.2.1 release is very urgent for you. He said that it is possible that we will have it this week,  and it is most likely that we will have it next week.

I hope that this is acceptable for you.

Best regards,

Zsuzsa

User 956e0ca334

26-02-2014 11:22:44

thanks very much,  I will look out for it.

Thanks very much

Megan

ChemAxon d26931946c

03-03-2014 16:41:22

Hi Megan,

I'm happy to inform you that version 6.2.1 is out.

You can download it from: http://www.chemaxon.com/download/

Regards,

Peter

User 956e0ca334

04-03-2014 12:01:04

Just update to Marvin 6.2.1 and it has fixed the problem.  Thanks very much!

Regards

Megan