adding atoms & bonds to SelectionMolecule

User 870ab5b546

26-04-2013 13:27:02

Hi,

When I add a series of MolAtoms to a SelectionMolecule, the Marvin 5.11.5 API does not also add the MolBonds connecting those MolAtoms to the SelectionMolecule, contrary to the behavior of the GUI.  Is this is a bug or a feature?  I would prefer that the MolBonds be also added. If I want to store the MolAtoms without the MolBonds, I can use an ArrayList<MolAtom>. 

-- Bob

ChemAxon 044c6721bc

29-04-2013 07:52:37

bobgr wrote:

Hi,

When I add a series of MolAtoms to a SelectionMolecule, the Marvin 5.11.5 API does not also add the MolBonds connecting those MolAtoms to the SelectionMolecule, contrary to the behavior of the GUI.  Is this is a bug or a feature?  I would prefer that the MolBonds be also added. If I want to store the MolAtoms without the MolBonds, I can use an ArrayList<MolAtom>. 

-- Bob

Hi,

This is a feature of the GUI. In the API, we don't want to add the MolBonds to the selection, because finding the bonds slows down this method.

Janos

User 870ab5b546

29-04-2013 12:54:23

Hm.  Ok, two suggestions.  One, please note in the documentation for SelectionMolecule.add(MolAtom) that bonds to other atoms already in the SelectionMolecule will NOT be added.  Two, I suggest you add a new method, SelectionMolecule.addAtom(MolAtom, boolean) where the value of boolean determines whether associated bonds are added as well.

ChemAxon 044c6721bc

29-04-2013 13:59:40

bobgr wrote:

Hm.  Ok, two suggestions.  One, please note in the documentation for SelectionMolecule.add(MolAtom) that bonds to other atoms already in the SelectionMolecule will NOT be added.  Two, I suggest you add a new method, SelectionMolecule.addAtom(MolAtom, boolean) where the value of boolean determines whether associated bonds are added as well.

Hi,

OK, if this method is usefull for you, we can write it.

Of course we uptade the APIdoc.

Janos

User 870ab5b546

29-08-2013 19:06:05

Hi, when will this new method be added, and when will the documentation for MoleculeGraph.add(MolAtom) be updated?  (SelectionMolecule.add(MolAtom) is simply inherited from MoleculeGraph.)

ChemAxon 044c6721bc

02-09-2013 08:53:53

Hi Bob,

The new method is ready, it will be released in 6.1. The new method is:

SelectionMolecule.add(MolAtom, boolean).

The APIDOC update is also done.