redirection of OLE editing for ISIS and MDL Draw objects

User 05d9866f9b

29-07-2013 15:35:55

We tested with ISIS and MDL Draw objects how the redirecting of OLE edition works.

The first quick view seems to be fine for ISIS objects but we don't see the objects for MDL Draw objects. There is a hint in your documentation that IJC and Marvin Sketch version should be the same on the machine (interesting dependency ...) - but this is the case. What may cause the problem?  I've attached my examples

ChemAxon bd13b5bd77

29-07-2013 21:05:34

Hi Edith,

[ IJC and Marvin Sketch version should be the same on the machine] - we recommend to use the same version if you install more than one ChemAxon product,

You can upgrade the packages since the dotnet parts are running side-by-side and supports even deletion, however the activeX and COM parts install the latest version only.

So if you put on JChem (IJC, Marvin, ...) 6.0.2 and afterwards install 6.0.3,  the activex overwrites the previous version 6.0.2 with 6.0.3 which is compatible by the way, so this is right.

If you uninstall the latest version 6.0.3 of activex and want to continue with 6.0.2 then there is no turning back....

Dotnet is managed by the framework so both 6.0.2 and 6.0.3 package can be running in parallel. I would say that this is not healthy either since you use lot of resources maintaining multiple versions at the same time on the same machine.

I hope my explanation is clear in terms of the dotnet and com packages.

Both ISIS and MDL draw need to be working. Edith you can email me directly.

I try to investigate the issue with OLE ...

Best regards,

Viktor

ChemAxon bd13b5bd77

29-07-2013 21:29:43

Edith,

the docx you sent throws a massive crash either way:

Both if the OLE obejct is redirected and also if it is not to Marvin OLE on my machine.

Could you please send me a test document possibly in Excel containing both ISIS and MDL drawing objects?

The crash comes when I click on the images ...

Thanks,

Viktor

User 05d9866f9b

31-07-2013 10:22:33

Hi Victor - please see the file. Regarding the dependencies, I'll come back with a separate eMail. Best regards Edith

ChemAxon bd13b5bd77

05-08-2013 04:55:51

Hi Edith,

checking the examples.

Thank you,

Viktor

ChemAxon bd13b5bd77

05-08-2013 07:22:40

Hi Edith,

the registration of the original applications (ISIS, MDLDRaw) was wrong, that is why I get the crashes from Excel, Word.

Now I redirected all to marvin OLE and it works nicely to me.

Please see the attechment where I edted/autoconverted the content to Marvin OLE.

Viktor

User 05d9866f9b

06-08-2013 11:06:32

Hi Viktor - thanks for the check. It might be that it is caused by some BI specific settings for the installation. So for now it is good to see that it works in general and we'll got in depth with our settings. Thanks for your support, Edith