How to generate MrvCell output in KNIME node?

User 3d9c3fd7f7

04-04-2012 21:10:54

Hi,

I am trying to code a KNIME node that generates optional MRV output (I presume the type would be "MrvCell.TYPE").

Is there any publicly available sample code for such a node (e.g., MolConverter code)?

Also, how can I get the necessary packages with MrvCell definitions etc. for Eclipse development?

Thanks in advance,

Christian

User 5458277630

05-04-2012 00:34:19

Hi Christian,

If you would like to use the MrvCell in KNIME, you have to install the Marvin Extensions into your Eclipse.
The Marvin Extensions can be downloaded from http://www.knime.org/downloads/update />
Then, you can generate the MrvCell by the following method.

public static DataCell jp.co.infocom.cheminfo.marvin.type.MrvCellFactory#create(chemaxon.struc.Molecule mol)
public static DataCell jp.co.infocom.cheminfo.marvin.type.MrvCellFactory#create(java.lang.String mol)

In case of String argument, the String must represent Mrv format.
Also, you can use the MrvCellFactory.TYPE to determine the DataType of a DataCell.

NOTE:
The MrvCell automatically clears their properties to reduce their data usage.
Instead, I always extract their properties to other columns before generating MrvCell.

Best,
Taka

User 3d9c3fd7f7

05-04-2012 01:18:03

Hi Taka,

thanks for the quick reply.

I had already installed the Marvin Extensions but I cannot see any package that starts with "jp...".

I have installed "ChemAxon/Infocom Marvin Extensions Feature" (version 2.5.1.v0129). Is there anything else I need to install? Do you know what the Jar name is that should show up in the dependencies?

Thanks,

Christian

User 5458277630

05-04-2012 02:08:26

Hi Christian,

I am sorry for my poor explanation.
You have to add "jp.co.infocom.cheminfo.marvin" plugin into "Required Plug-ins" on "Dependencies".
Also, if you would like to use ChemAxon libraries, add "jp.co.infocom.cheminfo.jchemlib" plugin as well.

Best,
Taka

User 3d9c3fd7f7

05-04-2012 04:44:02

Hi Taka,

I'm sorry, I am not sure I am following. I am using Eclipse SDK 3.6.1 (that came with Knime). Are you suggesting to add some jar file to the dependencies of the project? Where do I find "Required Plug-ins"? When I right-click on "Plug-in Dependencies" in my project, I can only import/export jars...

Thanks for helping,

Christian

User 5458277630

05-04-2012 05:08:40

Hi Christian,

I am sorry again...
You can use the Plug-in Manifest Editor by opening your Manifest file in your project.
Could you please refer to the following site?

http://help.eclipse.org/helios/topic/org.eclipse.pde.doc.user/guide/tools/editors/manifest_editor/dependencies.htm />
If you also have feature project for your plugin, I suggest that you add "jp.co.infocom.cheminfo.marvin.feature" feature into your feature project.

http://help.eclipse.org/helios/topic/org.eclipse.pde.doc.user/guide/tools/editors/feature_editor/dependencies.htm />
Best,
Taka

User 3d9c3fd7f7

05-04-2012 18:47:47

Hi Taka,

after adding both jp.co.infocom.cheminfo.marvin and jp.co.infocom.cheminfo.jchemlib to the plug-in dependencies, it worked.

Thanks a lot for your help. Much appreciated.

Christian