Academic license

User fd6b3edf57

08-10-2010 02:32:36

I've applied for an academic license for Jchem (for excel) several weeks ago, but I still haven't heard back on the matter. Is there a way to check on the status of that and whether the email was lost in the shuffle?

Thanks in advance.

ChemAxon b124dd5f17

08-10-2010 07:49:52

HI,

Sorry for the delay, I have sent the acceptance email. I can see that your applcation was accepted when you requested so I am surprised you never got the mail already.

This should solve your issue, but if the email does not arrive perhaps speak to admin and see if "chemaxon.com" domain is on any black lists they are running

Cheers/Alex

User fd6b3edf57

08-10-2010 13:24:01

THIS I received, and I also got an email notification for it, but no emails containing a license key yet...

ChemAxon b124dd5f17

08-10-2010 13:25:25

If you check the email there is a link in there to get the license.

Cheers/Alex

User fd6b3edf57

08-10-2010 13:27:50

This is the entire content of the email:

Hello halali,

You are receiving this email because you are watching the
topic, 'Academic license' at Technical Support Forum.

Subject:

Author: alexa

HI,

Sorry for the delay, I have sent the acceptance email. I
can see that your appliaction was accepted when you requested so I am surprised
you never got the mail already.

This should solve your issue, but if the email does not
arrive perhaps speak to admin and see if "chemaxon.com" domain is on
an black lists they are running Cheers/Alex...

Click here to visit the topic: http://www.chemaxon.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=31312#31312

If you no longer wish to watch this topic click the
"Stop watching this topic link" found at the topic page.

--

ChemAxon Technical Support Forums

What am I missing?

User fd6b3edf57

08-10-2010 13:41:55

Alex,

After a rigorous search in my email client, I found your email from this morning (although nothing from before that). In any case, today's mystery solved. Thanks a lot.

ChemAxon b124dd5f17

08-10-2010 13:56:24

I am not sure what the problem was, the email with the links was sent. The email above is only a notification from the forum that there is a response not the email about the academic package.

Anyway glad this is solved

Cheers/Alex

User fd6b3edf57

20-12-2011 18:55:27

The website says that the academic license is good for 2 years. Mine expired, even though it's been well under 2 years. Is this a glitch? I submitted a new application just in case.

ChemAxon 6c76bc6409

20-12-2011 19:23:00

halali wrote:

The website says that the academic license is good for 2 years. Mine expired, even though it's been well under 2 years. Is this a glitch? I submitted a new application just in case.

Hi Hassan,

In January this year we issued new academic licenses that addresses this problem. Yours is valid until September 2012. You can find it at: http://www.chemaxon.com/my-chemaxon/my-licenses/

If you need help with replacing the license file, please see this page in the documentation: http://www.chemaxon.com/marvin/help/licensedoc/install.html

Andras

User 77e202d5d7

12-09-2013 08:13:26

halali wrote:

I've applied for an academic license for Jchem (for excel) several weeks ago, but I still haven't heard back on the matter. Is there a way to check on the status of that and whether the email was lost in the shuffle?

Thanks in advance.

ChemAxon 72e5b2f53a

16-09-2013 08:20:42

Hi,

Your license application has been accepted as follows:

First requested: 2013-09-12 10:55:05 (4 days ago)   

Last modified: 2013-09-13 13:07:42 (3 days ago)   

Accepted: 2013-09-13 13:50:09 (3 days ago)

If you haven't received the email with the license instructions, please check your spam folder as well, or alternatively, you can download your license file here: https://www.chemaxon.com/my-chemaxon/my-licenses/

Help for license installation: https://www.chemaxon.com/marvin/help/licensedoc/install.html

Have a nice day,

Emese

User fd6b3edf57

29-04-2014 18:56:53

Hello,

I'm preparing a publication and just noticed that Jchem is no longer working for me. I suppose it's an expired license (SMILES drawing was still working for some time though). In any case, is this still open for academic use? How can I get my academic license renewed asap?

Thanks in advance.

ChemAxon 0265132c1a

30-04-2014 07:13:26

Hi Hassan,

In our system it seems that your latest license expired last December. If you are logged-in to our website and visit the My Academic License page, and hit the update application button, we will solve this issue for you quickly.

All the best,

Janos

User fd6b3edf57

30-04-2014 16:04:58

I just did as you instructed. Thanks!

User 85576bfe04

13-05-2014 06:55:07

Applied for an academic license a few weeks ago but only received the automatic reply. No license is listed for my account so I guess it hasn't been processed. Could you please check on the status?

Thanks,

olass

ChemAxon 72e5b2f53a

13-05-2014 09:13:55

Hi there,

Apologies for the delayed reply, you have been sent an email to discuss further details about your application.

Have a nice day,

Emese

User f711fcd575

19-07-2014 15:28:54

Sureyya Hanci wrote:

I've applied for an academic license for Marvin Beans several days ago, but I still haven't heard back on the matter. Is there a way to check on the status ?

Thanks in advance.  Sureyya

ChemAxon 72e5b2f53a

21-07-2014 09:28:52

Dear Sureyya,

Unfortunately we haven't seen your application come through. You may have multiple accounts or there has been some technical problems. May I ask you to log in to our website and update your application by clicking on the "Update application" button in your existing application form?

http://www.chemaxon.com/my-chemaxon/my-academic-license/

Thanks a lot,

Emese

User af5adc1259

05-08-2014 12:35:28

Hi,

I have academic license from chemaxon for last few years. I moved to India for independent position and updated my application and I get confirmation e-mail message but unfortunately I was not provided the license file. I have also published in journals and properly cited chemaxon and would really appreciate if chemaxon will help me in this regard.

Warm Regards,

Raman

PS: I have applied many times and here is the message i get in e-mail but no license

Dear Applicant,

Thank you for your interest in ChemAxon's Academic License, your application has been registered.

We are reviewing your application and will be in touch shortly.

Academic License Team

ChemAxon

ChemAxon 72e5b2f53a

07-08-2014 09:09:05

Dear Raman,

I can see that you are already in contact with our local distributor - Surojit Sadhu - regarding your application, please feel free to contact him directly should you have any questions.

Have a nice day,

Emese

User fd6b3edf57

22-09-2014 13:42:43

License stopped working again. Went to the update form to see if that would resolve the issue like last time, but every time I tried to hit the update button, the form would complain that I haven't filled out all required fields (even though I have). Help please?

User af5adc1259

22-09-2014 13:49:12

It is really sad that chemaxon has stopped providing academic license to faculty in India. It really is discriminating.I am sad but it is not the end of the world.

ChemAxon 0265132c1a

22-09-2014 14:18:41

Dear Hassan,

Your academic research license expired quite a long ago. You re-applied, using the update button in April 2014. We replied to you that according to our conditions, we will need a publication from you (citing ChemAxon) to renew your license.

Please let me know if you sent it in email to one of my colleague, we might have missed it. Your application page shows an error, because you did not attach any publication - at least that's my first thought.

Janos

ChemAxon 0265132c1a

22-09-2014 14:26:14

Dear Raman,

I had a chat with my local colleagues, and I can assure you that we did not stop providing academic licenses in India. The reason we decided not to grant the license for you is not based on your origin. It is based on the fact that your lab is included in commercial research too, which is against our conditions.

I hope you will understand our concerns here. However, our academic prices are heavily discounted exactly for these hybrid projects.

Janos

User fd6b3edf57

22-09-2014 14:33:38

jfejervari wrote:

Dear Hassan,

Your academic research license expired quite a long ago. You re-applied, using the update button in April 2014. We replied to you that according to our conditions, we will need a publication from you (citing ChemAxon) to renew your license.

Please let me know if you sent it in email to one of my colleague, we might have missed it. Your application page shows an error, because you did not attach any publication - at least that's my first thought.

Janos

I had previously provided a publication that came out in 2013 that cited ChemAxon. Is that a valid submission? I can try to provide it again in the update form. I didn't get to a page that asked me for that so maybe the form ran into a glitch or something. After I got to the page asking me if I've used jchem in an academic website, I was just getting a blank white page.

User fd6b3edf57

22-09-2014 14:34:46

Form still giving me same issue. Can I just PM you the ref?

ChemAxon 0265132c1a

22-09-2014 14:40:44

Dear Hassan,

I checked it and we recieved one description in 2011 (title: Developing multi-target kinase inhibitors for promoting neurite growth).

I do not see anything from 2013 - in this case we might have missed it, and sorry for that. I contact you in a minute in email, and if you send me your publication, I'll accept your application at once.

Janos

User fd6b3edf57

22-09-2014 14:41:48

jfejervari wrote:

Dear Hassan,

I checked it and we recieved one description in 2011 (title: Developing multi-target kinase inhibitors for promoting neurite growth).

I do not see anything from 2013 - in this case we might have missed it, and sorry for that. I contact you in a minute in email, and if you send me your publication, I'll accept your application at once.

Janos

I just sent you an email with a direct URL to the publication.

Thanks

ChemAxon 0265132c1a

22-09-2014 14:55:11

Dear Hassan,

Thanks for your quick email, your publication is absolutely fine - I sent your renewed academic license for you.

Janos

User af5adc1259

22-09-2014 15:18:00

jfejervari wrote:

Dear Raman,

I had a chat with my local colleagues, and I can assure you that we did not stop providing academic licenses in India. The reason we decided not to grant the license for you is not based on your origin. It is based on the fact that your lab is included in commercial research too, which is against our conditions.

I hope you will understand our concerns here. However, our academic prices are heavily discounted exactly for these hybrid projects.

Janos

Janos,

Thanks for your reply.  I got a different impression from your local colleague, Surojit Sadhu, who phoned me on 7th of August and I explained to him about my projects and specially told Surojit that I am working in neglected diseases such as Tuberculosis. I also explained to Surojit that if anytime commercial activity arises from these projects, then I will definitely go for the commercial license. This is exactly what we did in Oxford, when we had academic license from openeye and when we realized that we would go for patent, we paid for commercial license. In present research budget, it is very difficult for us to buy such expensive licenses. Your colleague told me that this is fine and will get back to me in 10 days but Surojit never replied to me and I had to ask him again last week and then only I got  reply. This is really unprofessional behavior. I have used chemaxon in oxford, scripps and I thought they attitude was really professional. You never had a courtesy to e-mail explaining the reason your decision?? I can understand that you provide academic license to us at your cost but then your rules are different for different countires?

Anyway I would be interested in your academic prices but I would appreciate if I can deal directly with you or a sensible representative.

I would hope you will take my e-mail in good spirits and will appreciate we are doing a great efforts to develop small molecules therapeutics for TB, which is long neglected disease and you should be at the forefront of this rather than always thinking of profit.

Regards,

Raman

User 421219f4d4

23-09-2014 07:19:05

parkeshr wrote:

jfejervari wrote:

Dear Raman,

Janos

Janos,

Thanks for your reply.  I got a different impression from your local colleague, Surojit Sadhu, who phoned me on 7th of August and I explained to him about my projects and specially told Surojit that I am working in neglected diseases such as Tuberculosis. I also explained to Surojit that if anytime commercial activity arises from these projects, then I will definitely go for the commercial license. This is exactly what we did in Oxford, when we had academic license from openeye and when we realized that we would go for patent, we paid for commercial license. In present research budget, it is very difficult for us to buy such expensive licenses. Your colleague told me that this is fine and will get back to me in 10 days but Surojit never replied to me and I had to ask him again last week and then only I got  reply. This is really unprofessional behavior. I have used chemaxon in oxford, scripps and I thought they attitude was really professional. You never had a courtesy to e-mail explaining the reason your decision?? I can understand that you provide academic license to us at your cost but then your rules are different for different countires?

Anyway I would be interested in your academic prices but I would appreciate if I can deal directly with you or a sensible representative.

I would hope you will take my e-mail in good spirits and will appreciate we are doing a great efforts to develop small molecules therapeutics for TB, which is long neglected disease and you should be at the forefront of this rather than always thinking of profit.

Regards,

Raman

Dear Dr, Raman,

Apologies for not informing you about the decision on license, we somehow missed it. However as mentioned by you, we were prompt to respond to your follow up mail and replied with a couple of hours, after discussing it with the Academic license team at ChemAxon.

However as Janos mentioned, we have heavily discounted prices for your kind of projects, please let us know if you would be interested in them.

Regards,
Surojit