structure table contains newer data version

User d4e43202ac

13-08-2012 22:41:00

I have everything working again with postgresql 9.1.  Now back to the original problem that I was trying to solve,
but remains after upgrading postgresql and jchem. I am trying to access the database through the:
.../JChem/examples/db_search program you provided. See the error messages below. Any ideas. I searched
the forum for similar questions and did not find any. Forgive me (and point me to the posting) if someone
submitted this topic before.

Thanks for your help,
Dick

JChem version : 5.5.1.0
JVM : Sun Microsystems Inc. 1.6.0_31

Stack trace:
------------

chemaxon.jchem.db.DatabaseSearchException: The structure table contains newer data version that this program version can handle. Please use a later version.
at chemaxon.jchem.db.JChemSearch.initTable(JChemSearch.java:2622)
at chemaxon.jchem.db.JChemSearch.init(JChemSearch.java:3479)
at chemaxon.jchem.db.JChemSearch.search1(JChemSearch.java:1979)
at chemaxon.jchem.db.JChemSearch.search(JChemSearch.java:1879)
at chemaxon.jchem.db.JChemSearch.access$2800(JChemSearch.java:121)
at chemaxon.jchem.db.JChemSearch$SearchThread.run(JChemSearch.java:853)

ChemAxon 9c0afc9aaf

14-08-2012 02:26:56

You have created the table with a newer JChem version (JChemManager), than the version you are trying to use in your web application (5.5.1,0, pretty old).

Please make sure the versions are the same.

Best regards,

Szilard

User d4e43202ac

21-08-2012 21:11:02

Thanks for the suggestion.  I completely purged the system of all postresql files and JChem files, and reinstalled.  I think part of my problem was files hanging around from old versions.

Now I have a different problem, the search seems to go alright, but when it tries to load the molecules into the viewer I get the following error:

JChem version : 5.10.2
JVM : Sun Microsystems Inc. 1.6.0_31

Stack trace:
------------

chemaxon.formats.MolFormatException: Could not read molecule from byte array.
at chemaxon.jchem.db.JChemSearch.getMolecule(JChemSearch.java:6350)
at chemaxon.jchem.db.JChemSearch.fetchHitsAsMolecules(JChemSearch.java:3547)
at chemaxon.jchem.db.JChemSearch.getHitsAsHitDisplayTool(JChemSearch.java:3389)
at chemaxon.jchem.db.JChemSearch.getHitsAsMolecules(JChemSearch.java:3315)
at org.apache.jsp.examples.db_005fsearch.searchresults_jsp._jspService(searchresults_jsp.java:1005)
at org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:70)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:717)
at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:377)
at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:313)
at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:260)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:290)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.invoke(ApplicationDispatcher.java:646)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.processRequest(ApplicationDispatcher.java:436)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.doForward(ApplicationDispatcher.java:374)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.forward(ApplicationDispatcher.java:302)
at org.apache.jasper.runtime.PageContextImpl.doForward(PageContextImpl.java:706)
at org.apache.jasper.runtime.PageContextImpl.forward(PageContextImpl.java:677)
at org.apache.jsp.examples.db_005fsearch.searching_jsp._jspService(searching_jsp.java:558)
at org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:70)
at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:377)
at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:313)
at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:260)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:290)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:233)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:191)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:127)
at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:102)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:109)
at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:298)
at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:859)
at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.process(Http11Protocol.java:588)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$Worker.run(JIoEndpoint.java:489)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)
Caused by: chemaxon.formats.MolFormatException: Cannot create record reader for the "chime" format
at chemaxon.marvin.io.MRecordImporter.(MRecordImporter.java:278)
at chemaxon.formats.MolImporter.init(MolImporter.java:583)
at chemaxon.formats.MolImporter.(MolImporter.java:138)
at chemaxon.util.MolHandler.importMol(MolHandler.java:658)
at chemaxon.util.MolHandler.setMolecule(MolHandler.java:178)
at chemaxon.util.MolHandler.(MolHandler.java:111)
at chemaxon.jchem.db.JChemSearch.getMolecule(JChemSearch.java:6348)
... 37 more

ChemAxon 9c0afc9aaf

21-08-2012 23:38:48

Hi,

It seems like a structure source you have imported / inserted into the database is not recognized properly as an individual record.

This may be either a bug or incorrect usage.

- How did you import the structures ? E.g. did you use JChem Manager, or did you do it programmatically via Updatehandler , etc ?

- Can you reproduce this with a new table? Could you send us the structures and necessary steps to reproduce ?

I suggest to zip the structures before sending.

If the structures are confidential please send it to our support e-mail addres referencing this topic.

In case too big for e-mail we can provide alternitve means to upload - ask on our support e-mail.

Best regards,

Szilard

User d4e43202ac

23-08-2012 22:53:19

Thanks, Szilard.

I am probably doing something grosly wrong - haveing no luck.  I presume a smiles file should also work (according to the documentation).  I would like to get the rest of the data in the file into the db, but will settle for the structure and identifier (ddd_name).  I have tried cutting out all columns except smiles and ddd_name.  That did not work either.

Thanks again for you patience and help.

Dick

ChemAxon 9c0afc9aaf

23-08-2012 22:59:21

Dick,

I'm afraid we cannot help you more unless you provide the answers and data requested above.

Thank you,

Szilard