Table version and API

User 7ac94cf33b

02-10-2007 13:27:38

I am trying to access tables created with InstantJChem 2.0.0 using the JChem API v3.2.6. When I try to perform a struture search using the API I receive the message " The structure table contains obsolete data. Please regenerate the table." Now I understand that the data was generated with a different version of InstantJChem than the API I am trying to use. My question is how do I determine the proper version of the JChem API to use to prevent having to regenerate the data. In the JChemProperties table the table versions are 40. Could you also tell me how table version and Application version are related?

ChemAxon fa971619eb

02-10-2007 14:01:13

In IJC 2.0.0 onwards the JChem version is reported in the about Instant JChem window (You find this in the Help menu). Earlier versions did not report the JChem version, and you need to look in the release notes to find this out.

http://www.chemaxon.com/instantjchem/Release_Notes_Cumulative.html

The number in the JChem property table does not correspond in any particular way to the JChem version. This number just gets incremented each time the JChem table format changes.

Hope this helps.

Tim