inchi problem on x86_64 architecture

User 48bff09cff

01-10-2007 09:01:13

Hi,

I try to use inchi with chemaxon tools on a x86_64 architecture cluster (redhat) and it does not work.

I finally found a libinchi.so compatible with 64 bits but it ask me to upgrade my glibc library (2.3 to 2.4).

Did someone already get trouble with inchi in 64 bits?

Do you know if this libinchi.so 64 bits exist in a version compatible with glibc 2.3 in linux environment?

thank you!

Gaël Even

CIB of Lille

ChemAxon 0a9e2a55e1

02-10-2007 14:17:47

Hi,

The InChI conversion works on our 64 bit archtectures (I've just finished the test with libc 2.3.4), and no one reported any trouble with it since it have benne released.

We have modified a bit the source code - so it works now with java - so the ChemAxon tools can not convert to InChI with any other .so files.

Is it not possible to upgrade the glibc library on that mashine?

Best Regards,

Peter

ChemAxon 0a9e2a55e1

02-10-2007 14:32:24

Hi!

Could you specify the version of the operating system, kernel, and Marvin/JChem you have, and the error message or stack trace you got (with our our original .so)?

Thank you,

Peter

User 48bff09cff

02-10-2007 15:35:53

Hi,

Thanks for your reply, my linux is a Redhat 3.00.15(1)-release, Kernel 2.6.9-42, and x86_64 architecture.

Marvin Applets 4.1.5

I download it around february.

The first error message (from catalina.out the tomcat log file) was :

Can't load IA 32-bit .so on a AMD 64-bit platform

Then I after I found the libinchi.so.0 compatible 64 bits :

Can't load AMD 64-bit .so on a AMD 64-bit platform

I update my jdk to obtain better logger (1.5 -> 1.6) and I have the message :

TOMCAT_DIR/WebContent/WEB-INF/lib/libinchi.so.0.0.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory (Possible cause: architecture word width mismatch)

When I check with the command ldd -r libinchi.so I obtain this :

./WebContent/WEB-INF/lib/libinchi.so: /lib64/tls/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.4' not found (required by ./WebContent/WEB-INF/lib/libinchi.so)

the last message is explicit, but clearly I did not understand why it needs a version so updated of glibc.

Do you advice me to update marvin tools, if I understand well, you already test successfully in 64 bits architecture with the new version on Marvin/JChem tools?

Thanks again

Gaël Even

ChemAxon 0a9e2a55e1

03-10-2007 13:25:27

Hi,

InChI works on our 64bit machine using Marvin 4.1.5 .

Please use only the .so file provided by ChemAxon (the one in the same directory as your jmarvin.jar or marvinbeans.jar), it does not works with any other.

InChI support has not changed since Marvin 4.1.5 (only making libinchi.jar from libinchi.so), so I'm ont sure that updating Marvin solves this problem.

Could you send the stack trace you got when the probem with InChI occurs?

Best Regards,

Peter

User 48bff09cff

04-10-2007 06:45:23

Hi,

Ok! It works!

I download the last version of Marvin 4.1.5 and inchi code generation works fine.

Thanks a lot for your help.

For the glibc problem, I've just installed and recompiled marvin on my cluster to be compatible with glibc 2.3. The problem was I dowloaded library pre-compiled of libinchi.so which where compiled with glibc2.4.

Fine, Thanks again

Gaël Even

CIB of Lille