Different names in Project and DB window

User 677b9c22ff

05-11-2008 23:33:39

Hi,

If I rename my DBs in the project window

they have a different name than in the DB window.

If I rename it in the DB window the sometimes have the same.

See screen shot. Its very confusing if all the DBs have different names.

Furthermore even if the "Display name" is renamed in the pro ject window

its different from the "Display Name" in the DB view. At least the display names should be the same.

Tobias

ChemAxon fa971619eb

06-11-2008 08:27:36

The problem here is that these relate to different things.

On the left is the data tree (representing the hierarchical data structure comprising one or more entities) and on the right is the entity (representing the database table). Each can have its own name. Whilst in simple cases it would be usual to give them the same name (which we do) ther are several scenarios where this does not make sense. e.g. when you have 2 data trees that both use the same entity as its root element both cannot sensibly have the same name.

Whilst we try to keep the 2 in sync where possible this is not always possible whene the user manually edits the names for these reasons, and you will manually need to set the names that you want to use.

Tim

User 677b9c22ff

06-11-2008 20:01:40

Hello Tim,

thank you. I remember, that's why its called computer science :-) Makes sense. I think its only getting problematic if there are multiple sets in a project, the only solution would be a third field which also holds the names from all entities. Which would make it even more complicated.

Tobias