InstantJchem License settings

User afeef30056

11-07-2007 07:38:54

Hi Tim,

Sorry, but it is quite urgent!!

In the guide and also on your web site, you specify that that licenses.dat file is stored under .chemaxon under linux and simply chemaxon under windows in the user's home directory. But in reality, i cannot find such files even if i put my license using directly the application it doesn't create it.

How does it work?

ChemAxon fa971619eb

11-07-2007 08:11:03

Yes, the licenses.dat should be in those directories within your home directory. This license file should contain any calculator plugin and standardizer licenses that you have, and it can also contain the IJC license key.

If you have not entered any licenses using any of the Marvin tools then the license file may not yet exist.

Note that this directory name on linux begins with a dot so is a hidden directory. You will need a ls -a to see it.

See http://www.chemaxon.com/marvin/doc/user/licenses.html for more information on ways to manage these Marvin license keys.

Tim

User afeef30056

11-07-2007 08:23:13

Quote:
If you have not entered any licenses using any of the Marvin tools then the license file may not yet exist.
No the only way i used to insert my licenses is by InstantJchem directly.

In order to manage licenses under IJC, is mandatory to install JChem?

Thanks in advance,

Pasquale

ChemAxon fa971619eb

11-07-2007 08:42:18

No, you can just create and edit the license file manually. e.g. with a text editor.

With the license file in the right place it should be seen by IJC.

Tim

User afeef30056

11-07-2007 08:43:39

running ./jchem-3_2_8-linux.sh

i got the following error:

Starting Installer ...

java.lang.NullPointerException

at com.exe4j.runtime.LauncherEngine.launch(Unknown Source)

at com.install4j.runtime.Launcher.main(Unknown Source)

User afeef30056

11-07-2007 09:23:43

Quote:
running ./jchem-3_2_8-linux.sh

i got the following error:

Starting Installer ...

at com.exe4j.runtime.LauncherEngine.launch(Unknown Source)

at com.install4j.runtime.Launcher.main(Unknown Source)

done

ChemAxon fa971619eb

11-07-2007 09:27:40

Sorry, you mean you have fixed the problem?

Seems to be realted to insalling JChem?

Tim

User afeef30056

18-07-2007 16:13:26

Hi Tim,

Yes I fixed it setting the java classpath environmental variable...

another question please:

could you please tell me the difference between calculator plugins in a batch processing mode against non-batch version?

Does one type include the other?

ChemAxon fa971619eb

19-07-2007 20:56:01

I've asked the sales people to answer this, as you'll probably get a more correct answer.

But basically batch versions let one person calculate values for multiple structures and let other people to use these results, whereas non-batch are for your own use and for calcualating one value at a time.

As IJC allowd both calcuation in bulk and putting those values into a shared database for others to use it needs batch versions of the licenses.

Tim