Licensing Calculator Plugins for Instant JChem for Mac OSX

User 8c93b1d06c

14-06-2007 22:08:50

How do we register license keys for Calculator Plugins for Instant JChem under Mac OSX? I have added the license keys to the plugins under MarvinBeans but Instant JChem does not seem to recognize that they have been registered. The Managing License Keys documentation suggests an alternative of editing .chemaxon/licenses.dat for Unix but this file does not seem to exist under OSX installs.

ChemAxon fa971619eb

16-06-2007 09:46:54

The license file should be located in Users/<username>/.chemaxon/licenses.dat

Please note, this is a hidden directory by default (starting with a dot).

If they are located there then they should be detected by Instant JChem.

See here:

http://www.chemaxon.com/marvin/doc/user/licenses.html

for information on managing license keys.

Tim

28-02-2008 17:30:37

I'm running IJC 2.2 and JChem, and I've installed the following license file as described in the licensing documentation and video:

<-- content removed as it contains license information -->

using the JChem License Manager. This seems to work, giving me a "valid" status for a number of plugins. However, most of them don't seem to work in IJC (giving the error "Expresssion uses unlicensed calculator plugin"). Specifically, I'm having problems with the TopologyAnalyser Plugin, HBDA Plugin, IUPAC Naming, logDPlugin, logPPlugin, pKa Plugin, and some of scores dependent on these plugins: the bioavailability, lead-like, and Lipinski scores. Is there a thread on the technical support forum about this or a common mistake that I'm making? Is it possible that these keys (LogP, pKa) are incorrect? And do I need another key for Topology?

Thanks.

ChemAxon fa971619eb

28-02-2008 18:00:36

Please do not post license keys to the forum. I edited the original post to remove this.

Marvin and JChem 5.0 now use a new licensing system that is the one you are referring to.

However IJC is not yet updated to run with Marvin/JChem 5 and still uses the old licensing system. Some information on the old system can be found at:

http://www.chemaxon.com/marvin/help/licensedoc/licensing_old.html

but the simple answer is to edit your licenses.dat file (see the above link for details) and add your license keys. These are the old style (feature=key) licenses, and if you only have the new type of licenses then please request the old-style equivalents from sales _at_ chamaxon.com.

IJC is currently being updated to Marvin/JChem 5.0. This updated version (2.3) will use the new licensing system.

Tim

28-02-2008 18:19:13

"Many of the calculator plugins used in Chemical Terms columns or Chemical Terms filters require licenses. These are stored in a file which can be found as .chemaxon/licenses.dat (Unix) or chemaxon\licenses.dat (Windows) file under the user's home directory. All ChemAxon applications that use calculator plugins use this license file, and licenses you set with one application (e.g. Marvin Sketch) will also be detected and used by Instant JChem."

So where do I locate the licenses.dat file on a Mac?

chemaxon.marvin.calculations.pKaPlugin=

chemaxon.marvin.calculations.logPPlugin=

chemaxon.marvin.calculations.ChargePlugin=

chemaxon.marvin.calculations.TautomerizationPlugin=

chemaxon.marvin.calculations.ConformerPlugin=

chemaxon.marvin.calculations.GeometryPlugin=

chemaxon.marvin.calculations.HuckelAnalysisPlugin=

chemaxon.marvin.calculations.RefractivityPlugin=

chemaxon.marvin.calculations.HBDAPlugin=

chemaxon.marvin.calculations.EnumerationPlugin=

IUPACNaming=

chemaxon.marvin.space.GraphicScene=

chemaxon.reaction.Fragmenter=

chemaxon.reaction.Reactor=

chemaxon.reaction.Standardizer=

chemaxon.reaction.synthesis.LinearAlgorithm=

chemaxon.reaction.synthesis.RandomAlgorithm=

chemaxon.reaction.synthesis.ExhaustiveAlgorithm=

chemaxon.pharmacophore.PMapper=

chemaxon.pharmacophore.PharmacophoreFingerprint=

chemaxon.descriptors.GenerateMD=

chemaxon.descriptors.MDSimilarity=

chemaxon.descriptors.OptimizeMetrics=

chemaxon.clustering.LibraryMCS=

InstantJChem=

Is the TopologyAnalyser part of one of the above plugins?

I included the license key information because the sales dept told me to verify that information in the Technical Support Forum rather than in a private email. Is there an address that I can send my license key information to to verify its correctness?

Thanks for your assistance.